Wednesday, August 13, 2014

It's the Little Things....

A few months ago a person who will remain unnamed, walked into our house and said something along the lines of "Oh this is nice, just knock off a couple of these walls to open it up a bit". My first thought was "no way, that would ruin the breakfast nook which is one of my favorite features of the house!" but ever since then I began forming ideas in my mind of how we could open the kitchen up a bit while still keeping the breakfast nook. Thoughts and ideas soon turned into obsessing, until I finally came up with the "perfect" floor plan for our kitchen. Now all I had to do was become a stock broker so I could have enough money for my renovation plans! I read one or two pages of "Stocks, Strategies & Common Sense" by Bart Diliddo....but then Ellie woke up and that's been a few days ago. I decided to scratch that plan since I didn't seem to have the "common sense" part or at least what I did read felt like Korean! (It's funny bc on a side note, every time I heard my in-laws speak Korean, I really felt like I should understand - sometimes I thought that I WAS understanding, but I clearly was not) Anyways, I came up with a better plan - to enter Dave Ramsey's $8000 turnaround giveaway and pray every day that I would win the raffle! But thankfully my secret obsession (a.k.a. greediness or discontentment) was exposed when I read this article Give Me Gratitude or Give Me Debt Ever since then I have been thanking Jesus for my beautiful house and most of all my kitchen! AND even more reason to be thankful is that my Aunt Gretchen gave me this adorable shelf a few days ago that I painted to match our front door and I stocked it with all my spices! It is hanging right near our stove and gives an adorable touch to our kitchen. The cute little jars were only $1-$1.50 each, so the whole "reno" was way cheaper than I could have ever imagined! Lord, I'm thankful that you have blessed us so richly and you are teaching me to be content with the little things. :-) By the way, I wouldn't be upset if I did win Dave Ramsey's giveaway! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are your impressions of this post? Share your comments or questions here!